5 Top Benefits of Home Additions
Did you always think that home addition is done by people to merely make the house look bigger and provoke the admiration of neighbors and friends? Then let us tell you there are several practical benefits of undertaking a home addition project. It allows you to make the most of the home’s floor space, improve functionality and provide greater comfort to your family. Let’s look at some top benefits.
1. Create additional room: Is there any homeowner who hasn't desired extra space at some point in their life? Home addition provides you with the flexibility to either expand the existing room to accommodate your growing children or add a whole new section when you want your parents to move in with you. Work from home trend is here to stay, so why not have a dedicated home office built, instead of using up the space in your bedroom or the living room? The ideas to use an additional room are limitless.
2. Create a source of extra income: Your desire to generate an alternative source of income to support your family needs can be done by the home addition project. If space permits, you can add a new wing with a room, bathroom, and kitchen and rent it out. If you don't mind sharing your home with an extra individual or family, you can add a room or two and rent them out. This is a fantastic method to supplement your family's income. You can put the money toward your mortgage or other household bills.
3. Increase the value of your home: A well-thought-out addition can boost your home's value. It's crucial to note that not every addition increases the value of your property, but if you add features that are in high demand, buyers may be willing to pay more when it's time to sell.
4. Increase storage space: With every passing year, the items that we own seem to be only multiplying. If you find yourself in a position where you have a ton of stuff that you use but it doesn't seem to fit in your current space, then a home addition project can be the solution. While working on the expansion project be sure to add more shelves, and bespoke cabinetry to further organize the place.
5. An alternative to moving out: When a family expands and outgrows the house they live in, the thought to put the current home on the market and move to a new location naturally occurs. But moving to a whole new location can be an expensive affair, considering the variety of expenditures associated like advertising, staging minor repairs, the commission fee of the real estate agent, and costs involved with packers and movers. A more viable option would be to bump out your existing home by adding more rooms or completely redesigning it.
Before you decide to put your property on the market, talk to a knowledgeable home addition contractor in North Haven, CT about the advantages of adding on to your home. They can be a cost-effective option that allows your family to stay together.